Different people use GPS tracker for different reasons, especially car GPS tracker. Some live in an area where car theft is relatively high, so they install a GPS tracker in their car in case it is stolen to track it to its location. No matter the reason for your use of car GPS tracker, we’ve come to realize that GPS trackers are better because they have a virtually unlimited range as long as you have cell phone service or Wi-Fi. So, what are the best GPS tracking devices for cars?
The number of GPS car trackers on market can be overwhelming. However, comprehending your needs and arming yourself with a few key features will ensure you source the right device for your unique needs.
Having known this, you may ask: “Which tracker is right for needs?” “How do I get the best from these devices?”
The simplest answer to all your questions is selecting the right GPS tracker for your car. A high quality and reliable tracker will end your worries.
Check out these top best GPS tracking devices (all prices valid at date of posting):
OPTIMUS REAL TIME GPS TRACKER (compare prices)
110+ Amazon reviewers give this 4.5 of 5 reviews – Only $59.99
The Optimus tracker comes in a small size, which facilitates portability. It incorporates an internal motion sensor to help maximize the battery charge when inactive. You will receive alerts to the SMS number and email address of your choice when there is an impact on the central button of the device.
You can set alerts for over speeding, when your car leaves or enters your designated areas or when the tracker’s battery requires charging.
- Quick and easy setup
- Reliable and on-time tracking information
- It covers the whole of USA and extends to other countries such as Europe, China, and Japan among others.
- The battery does not last for long
- The viewing is not too accurate. No turn by turn visuals, only straight lines.
MOBILE ASSET SOLUTIONS MT-OBD LIVE GPS VEHICLE TRACKER (compare prices)
290+ Amazon reviewers give this 4 of 5 stars. Only $78.00
The MAS OBD tracking device is a small GPS tracker, which plugs directly into an OBD port of any vehicle. The device requires no tools and wiring. Businesses can use the tracker to verify employee time sheets and customer billing. You can use it to monitor the location of aging and teenage drivers.
- It efficiently records ignition events
- It provides zonal alerts for set areas
- It only takes less few minutes to install
- Alerting features such as for acceleration and exceeding the designated speed limit.
- During prime rush hours in the evening, it may fail to handle the alert volume demand efficiently
- It may drain your battery if your car is inactive for long.
TRACKMATE REAL-TIME HARD WIRED GPS TRACKER (compare prices)
285+ Amazon reviewers give 4.6 of 5 stars. Only $79.99
This GPS tracking device is effective for real-time monitoring. Depending on the plan, for instance, the Platinum plan provides real-time alerts every three seconds. The device stores vehicle maintenance records, routing, and scheduling. The reports are user-friendly and can be downloaded, emailed, or printed.
The device will alert you when there is inactivity or power failure. You can also view the level of fuel in your vehicle.
- Provides an accurate GPS sending unit
- Easy installation and excellent tech support
- The packaging is very protective of the contents
- It comes with a lifetime warranty with an active account
- Easy installation. No wiring expertise needed.
- It may fail to communicate with the satellite in low-coverage areas
- Report generation at times may be faulty.
Vyncs Real-time GPS Tracker
780+ Amazon reviewers give 4 of 5 stars. Only $74.98
This car tracking device includes NO contract or monthly fees. It is highly accurate and state-of-the-art accelerator chip to detect unsafe driving. It has Geofencing, which allows you to setup geo zones and get arrival/departure alerts for the driver. Works in 177 different countries (requires SIM card).
- Small in size and easily hidden
- Robust and reliable
- Tamper notification sent when unplugged
- Price and fees
- User interface is not as user-friendly as it could be
- Accuracy only to about 100 yards
MOTOsafety OBD WITH 3G GPS SERVICE
725+ Amazon reviewers give 4 of 5 stars. On sale now for only $24.99
This tracking device enables you to set up specific area zones. If the car strays out of the zone, you will be notified via SMS. It offers 100% accuracy for vehicle monitoring. You can check the direction, location, traffic, speed and more through Google maps. Installing the device requires no expertise and it takes only a few seconds.
- You will get a driver’s report card every day
- You can route replay to see where the car was throughout the day
- It has a Find My Car functionality for locating purposes
- Real-time alerts
- Set speed limits
- The option of setting speed limit thresholds may fail at times
- The acceleration signals are super sensitive
An average GPS tracker costs $123 for the device alone, but service plans vary. You can often pay less overall if you buy more months of service at a time as supposed to buying month-to-month. Some GPS trackers do come with some service, which is a great deal.
We spend a lot of time in our cars, whether it is a sedan, truck or luxury automobile, cars are an essential way of moving around. For something forming a large part of modern life, it is of an essence to monitor cars, for both their safety and that of the occupants. Technology advancement has ensured that we are on the speed with the most efficient devices and equipment like GPS trackers for our vehicles. You can utilize a car-tracking device for varied reasons. If you are a business person, it is about tracking a fleet of vehicles or monitoring your staff.
If you are a family person, you can use GPS car trackers to make sure first-time teenagers and elderly drivers are safe. There are also hidden GPS trackers for cars that can be installed in your teenager’s car, which can be an over speeding tracker. These devices can help recover a stolen car, manage teenagers while driving and to avoid people straying. To enjoy the benefits of car trackers, you need to be able to choose the best that suits your unique needs.