Security is everything when it comes to having a safe home. The importance of security in our homes should never be handled with levity, and this is why there is no amount to much to spend on security cameras.
One of the best ways to provide security for our homes is through good, effective and weatherproof outdoor security cameras that can stand the wear and tear nature of open space. For this reason, we bring you the best outdoor security cameras – wireless and waterproof.
Outdoor security cameras are not only good for home monitoring but a good means of archiving activities around our house. Sometimes, events that may need a reference to the past may occur. In that way, outdoor security cameras come in as handy tools. We may be able to monitor what goes on within the home if we are security conscious enough, and without cameras. However, there is little or nothing we could do to monitor what happens beyond the reach of our nose.
However, providing the best security for our homes does not only end with getting outdoor security cameras. There are things one must know to make sure one gets the best fit as there are many gadgets out there, and it is easy to get an outdoor camera that is way below par. So before you go shopping for a security camera, it is necessary you know what to look out for, so you get one that does the well. Here are therefore things you must check or questions to ask before procuring that security camera:
- Night Vision Capacity: It is very important you get a security camera that could function well at night. The night vision capacity allows your outdoor camera to get good picture quality at night. That way, you do not have to worry about what time of the day it is when monitoring around the house. Honestly, what is the use of an outdoor camera that can capture great images at night? Before getting an outdoor security camera, make sure the camera has enough Infrared LEDs to enable it to see well at night.
- HD Resolution: Camera’s resolution is a necessary spec you should look for when getting an outdoor security camera. How much video quality your camera has will reflect on the images it will project. Camera resolution should never be something to compromise on. If you do, then what you will be getting can only be regarded as a gloried plastic toy at best. Your outdoor security camera should be in a high definition resolution because if any security installation were in check, it would begin from the outside premises of your home.
- Energy Saving: In an era of conservation of energy, it is only expected that one gets appliances that do not consume much energy. The less power your home consumes, the more energy there is to go around. Also, you do not want an appliance that would keep bloating your electricity bills. This is important to get an outdoor camera that saves power, as security camera works round the clock.
- Weatherproof: This is about the most important thing to check out when getting an outdoor camera. Make sure the outdoor camera can handle the heavy beating of outside weather. You should never get an outdoor security camera without a weatherproof quality. Doing so will be shooting one’s self right in the foot.
These are the best outdoor security cameras that have, those qualities mentioned above and more:
One great thing about the Reolink Argus Outdoor Wireless Security Camera is that it has a discreet way of capturing images. This way, trespassers may not even know they are even being monitored. It is a very good choice if you want to secretly record a serial offender. This way, you are getting proofs of their trespassing without them knowing. This camera can be easily mounted on your wall. It is an installation you can do yourself without the service of an expert. With a two way speaker and a microphone, this camera renders good sound quality. Also, you could stream video from the camera to your phone. The battery power is great also.
- Great battery power
- 1080p full HD
- IP65 Weatherproof
- Smart PIR motion sensor
- Built-in two-way mic and speaker
This outdoor camera offers a smoothing all-round clock streaming video to your mobile devices. You do not also have to pay a monthly fee for its cloud storage. With 1080p resolution, you are sure to get an amazing HD video quality. It has 8x zooming capacity that can make you drag an image closer without reducing the video quality much. To get the best of this camera, it is advised to use to use at the first point of entry to the house. You can be sure to have your video history stored in the cloud for a good duration of 30 days. And amazingly, it works with the Amazon’s Nest technology and app.
- Sterling video control handle
- Nest App
- Compact size
- Smooth connectivity
- Built-in microphone and speaker
The remo+ Doorcam is the easiest to install and gives you instant eyes at your door. Also, it’s easy to connect it to your smartphone app for easy monitoring. Home security does not get easier than this. The easy install makes it great even for renters.
- Easy install by just slipping over your door
- Strong durability for outdoor
- It will detect activities 24/7 with advanced motion sensor
- Speak and listen to your visitors with full duplex audio
- Inescapable 160º peripheral field of view
- Cloud video recording is available for $3/month or $30/year after a free 30-day trial
- Compatible with doors that are 1-3/8″ to 2″ thick and push to open
- Built-in two-way mic and speaker
This a rugged camera for outdoor. So if you are looking camera that could be installed anywhere outside the home, then this is your best bet. You could even install the Canary Flex HD Security Camera on trees. That shows it can be installed virtually anywhere around the home. Another wonderful thing about this camera is that it has an amazing 360 degree camera pan that could cover everywhere around your home. Also, it could automatically transit to its night vision mode.
- Automatic night vision transition
- Good HD resolution
- 360 degree swivel for camera pan
- Compatible with Echo Show and Spot for streaming video
The Ring Floodlight Cam is an amazing outdoor camera that combines great camera quality with a floodlight feature. If you are looking for an outdoor security that scares unwanted visitors away, then this is it. With a good HD resolution, you can be sure to have an amazing video delivery.
- Amazing 1080p HD resolution
- FOV: 140° (camera), 270° (motion sensors)
- Hardwired power (100–240 V)
- Night vision with two 3K-lumen LED floodlights
- 3 lbs weight
- Compatible with Amazon Alexa for voice activation