- Private by design: Facebook doesn’t listen to, view or keep the contents of your Portal video calls. Calls on Portal are encrypted, so conversations stay between you and those you’re calling. You can also completely disable the camera and microphone with a single tap, or block the camera lens with the camera cover provided.
- Connect with friends, even if they don’t have Portal: Easily call friends and family on Messenger — calls can be made seamlessly to and from smartphones and tablets. And you can bring up to six other people into a group call.
- Alexa built-in: Portal has Alexa built-in, so you can ask a question, set a timer, add items to your shopping list, control your smart home or more. Just ask.
- Experience more together: With Portal, story time will never be the same. With music, animation and augmented reality effects, Portal lets you become some of your children’s favorite characters as you read along to well-loved stories. And if friends or family also have Portal, you can listen to your favorite music together as if you were in the same room, without delays or feedback.
- Stay close with Superframe: When you’re not in a call, Portal can display your Facebook photos and videos. You can also see when your closest contacts are available to connect, and get birthday reminders.
- Active Facebook account required for product use.
- Looking for the Portal Plus by Facebook?